This resources section provides you with the essential information and resources to get you started on your trusteeship journey.
If you have a suggestion for information to be added that would be useful to you or other organisations, please contact us.
- The Charity Commission website is a good starting point for all information about trusteeship.
- The Code of Good Governance: The six key principles of good governance, developed for, and by the voluntary sector.
- UK Charity Trustees: a LinkedIn group open to any trustee, or anyone interested in becoming a trustee. It is co-moderated by Reach and the Small Charities Coalition
- The Benefits of trusteeship: Being a trustee is not only a valuable way of contributing to the charity sector. It can also be a fascinating and rewarding experience for individuals, helping them to broaden their interests and develop their skills.
- Ready to get on board: An NPC publication for those considering trusteeship. It looks at the responsibilities of a charity’s board, what trusteeship involves, what makes a good trustee and how to begin.
- Trustees' legal responsibilities and liabilities (PDF, 96KB): Being aware of your legal responsibilities as a trustee is an important part of the role. Andrew Studd and Sukanya Randford from Russell Cooke LLP give their expert legal view.