Read these other useful resources around trusteeship, roles and responsibilites and practical advice.
- The Charity Commission website is a good starting point for all information about trusteeship.
- The Code of Good Governance: The six key principles of good governance, developed for, and by the voluntary sector.
- NPC publications: NPC has a number of publications on different facets of governance
- UK Charity Trustees: a LinkedIn group open to any trustee, or anyone interested in becoming a trustee. It is co-moderated by Reach and the Small Charities Coalition
- Model role descriptions for chairs and trustees
- The Association of Chairs: a membership body which produces useful guides to support chairs of charities and non-profit organisations to lead their boards effectively. They produce a free downloadable guide The Chair’s Compass.
- A Question of Balance – a guide to the Chair and Chief Executive relationship: Read this guide from The Association of Chairs on how to manage the relationship between the Chair and Chief Executive.
- A marriage made in heaven - the relationship between Chairs and Chief executives: An analysis of the dynamics of the most critical relationship in charities. This report explores the common causes of conflict; what makes for a good relationship; and makes recommendations for how individuals and umbrella bodies could strengthen Chair/Chief Executive relationships
- The Honorary Treasurers forum: a membership organisation offering information, support and networking to treasurers. It is free to join.