Our definition of skilled volunteering means that our volunteers either have many years of experience or have been extremely focused in developing those skills. Using our 35+ years of experience, we have collated some of the key things to bear in mind when working with volunteers.
Volunteers can have crucial skills for your organisation. Find out how to make the most of their skills:
- How to get the most from skilled volunteers
- Ways to to involve skilled volunteers
- What sort of things can skilled volunteers do
- Effective volunteer engagement
Read our tips and guidance to help ensure a smooth and effective volunteer recruitment process:
- Guidance for recruiting skilled volunteers
- Interviewing your volunteer
- A checklist for volunteer recruitment
- FAQ's for organisations recruiting volunteers
Designing an effective role and making it attractive to the right potential volunteers is the key to volunteer recruitment. Find out the steps to success:
- Have a strategy
- What do you need the volunteer to do?
- Can you break it down?
- What skills do you need?
- Selling your role
- Make your role attractive
Ensuring you respond quickly and courteously to volunteers will set the tone for your future relationship:
Read our guides to find out how you can get the best from your skilled volunteers:
- Volunteer policies, handbooks and agreements
- Providing support and resources
- Hints and tips for managing volunteers
- What should you not ask a volunteer to do
Read our resources to find out about legal considerations such as the distinctions between paid staff and volunteers: