Many people who volunteer say that volunteering is the most rewarding thing they have ever done. Whilst for others it can be interesting but ultimately not as fulfilling. Choosing a role that fits with your lifetyle, interests, passions and skills is vital to finding a fulfilling volunteering experience.
When choosing a role look for roles which fit your expectations, values and also with your practical plans. Here are some things to consider:
- The time you have available
- Who you want to work with
- What sort of commitment do you want to make
- What do you want to get out of it
- How far do you want to travel
Read our guidance about what to consider when finding a role and what to expect when you start: