Organisation: Parkinson's UK
|Location||Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 5PS|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home|
|Travel limit||50 miles|
|Application deadline||15 Jan 2018|
|Opportunity type||Ongoing role|
The Parkinson's UK Leeds branch is looking for a volunteer Treasurer to manage its finances, provide guidance and provide financial administration.
The Leeds Branch is an active and friendly branch which regularly engages with the local community.
Working closely with the Branch Chair, you will:
• accurately record financial activity, keeping the branch and UK office informed of the branch's financial position
• provide guidance on financial policies, internal control and the appropriate use of funds
• provide regular reports to the committee on the financial status of the branch, including final accounts at the annual general meeting
- Financial management
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
• ideally have previous financial or accounting experience, as well as a willingness to learn so you can hit the ground running
• be a good communicator, as you will be working with a wide range of different people
• be collaborative and team focused, as you will need to discuss the branch's finances with the committee and Parkinson's UK
What impact the opportunity will have
The role of Branch Treasurer has the impact of ensuring the charitable aims and objectives of the branch is met. Using essential financial management skills.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
The Branch Treasurer has a big impact on how well a branch operates, and by volunteering you will:
• gain valuable financial, administrative and people skills
• gain experience working in a financial capacity, especially in relation to bookkeeping
• forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
Either in or out of office hours
Approx. 2-3 hours per week, sometimes more.