Organisation: Parkinson's UK
|Location||Scunthorpe, North Yorkshire, DN16 2JT|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home, or mainly at the office.|
|Application deadline||21 Jul 2017|
|Opportunity type||Ongoing role|
The Parkinon's UK Scunthorpe branch is looking for a volunteer Treasurer to manage its finances, provide guidance and provide financial administration.
- accurately record financial activity, keeping the branch and UK office informed of the branch's financial position
- provide guidance on financial policies, internal control and the appropriate use of funds
- provide regular reports to the committee on the financial status of the branch, including final accounts at the annual general meeting
- Financial management
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have previous financial or accounting experience, as well as a willingness to learn so you can hit the ground running
- be a good communicator, as you will be working with a wide range of different people
- be collaborative and team focused, as you will need to discuss the branch's finances with the committee and Parkinson's UK
What impact the opportunity will have
The branch treasurer will play a key impact to ensure the funds raised allow the branch to do activities and meet its charitable goals.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- gain valuable financial, administrative and people skills
- gain experience working in a financial capacity, especially in relation to bookkeeping
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
Either in or out of office hours
Approx. 2-3 hours per week