Organisation: Survivors' Poetry
|Location||London Borough of Islington, London (North), N19 5JT|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home, or mainly at the office.|
|Travel limit||Within reasonable distance|
|Opportunity type||Ongoing role|
The Project Manager Volunteer will be required to manage projects as designated by staff, undertaking a number of tasks to ensure the smooth running of services.
The Project Manager Volunteer will be required to manage projects as designated by staff, undertaking a number of tasks to ensure the smooth running of services. This will include the organisation and facilitation of events, planning and designing events and services, the designation of tasks to other volunteers and monitoring the effectiveness of practices.
- Business development
- Event management
- General management
- Project management
- Volunteer management
- Strategic development and planning
- The ideal volunteer must have demonstrable experience of at least three years in managing projects, events or services.
- The volunteer must be confident and resilient, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude and flexibility.
- The volunteer must be highly organised and should have experience of managing a number of different tasks simultaneously.
- The volunteer must also demonstrate creativity and the ability to problem-solve.
- Knowledge of best practice in product/service management is essential.
What impact the opportunity will have
Survivors Poetry is currently staffed by a small team and the contribution made by volunteers is invaluable.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
The volunteer will gain experience and understanding of working in a non-profit organisation and the chance to take on a lead role within this environment.
Although the role is voluntary and therefore unpaid, travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed. You will be required to undergo an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
Either in or out of office hours
The role will require a commitment of 3+ months and approximately 7-10 hours per week, although this is flexible.