Organisation: Off Centre
|Location||Hackney, London (East), E9 6HX|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at the office|
|Travel limit||within 20 miles|
At Off Centre we help 100's of young people each year but we'd like that to be 1000's. We're expanding our board of trustees to support our development so that we can help the current and future generations who need our services.
We're looking for a trustee with clinical or other practitioner experience in the mental health sector to lead our clinical sub-comittee and bring new perspectives and expertise as we develop our ambitious strategy.
- Strategic development and planning
- Social care / counselling
- For this role, we are looking for someone with experience in psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapy or other clinical experience in mental health services.
We look for the following in our trustees:
- Has strategic vision and thinks creatively
- Works as part of a team
- Assimilates information quickly and effectively
- Acts corporately and in the wider interests of the organisation to reach objective and independent decisions
- Understands the issues affecting Off Centre’s client group
- Understands and appreciates of the role of a trustee with the desire and ability to take part in committee work
- Acts as an ambassador for Off Centre
- Committed to access, inclusion and equal opportunities
What impact the opportunity will have
We are ambitious to be able to reach more young people and as a trustee you will make a significant contribution to developing the strategy that will help us realise our ambition. Our services are more in demand than ever before and young people are seeking our help with multiple and increasingly complex issues. Off Centre has a positive impact for individuals, their circles of support, the local community and our partners in statutory services. Your experience in the mental health sector will guide and oversee service development and provision at a strategic level.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
The role of trustee at Off Centre will be a different intellectual challenge to your day job. You will apply your skills, expertise and experience in new ways to assure the ongoing success of a well-regarded local organisation. You will work with a chair and current trustees from different professional backgrounds who share similar values through their commitment to our beneficiaries. The board members are mutually supportive as well as genuinely passionate about Off Centre and its ability to have a positive impact.
Mostly outside office hours
Board meetings are every other month from 6.30-8.30pm plus an annual strategy day. This role would also serve on the clinical sub-committee.
Additional application instructions
Please apply via Reach with your CV, Name and contact details of two referees together with how they are known to you, and a supporting statement (1000-1500 words). More details can be found in the document attached.