|Location||Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1NS|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at home|
|Travel limit||Would welcome a trustee from within Wiltshire / Swindon, or someone who has links with the County.|
Interested in Wiltshire and its past? We are examining exciting new opportunities and are seeking new trustees to help shape our future. We are particularly interested if you have experience of marketing or audience development.
We have 16 Board members, including nominated trustees from local councils. We are looking to broaden the range of our trustees.
- Digital strategy
- Social media marketing
- Fundraising strategy
- Marketing strategy
- Strategic mentoring
We are looking for someone who can help us with our marketing and reaching new audiences. We already make extensive use of social media and are working on a new responsive website. We are using Google Adwords, but could do with help and advice to make the most use of the website once we have it ready for launch.
All trustees should be able to demonstrate:
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and a commitment to the Society.
- high levels of personal credibility and leadership
- skills, knowledge and experience that would positively benefit the Society
- an ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship, accepting the seven Nolan principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- links to relevant networks, e.g. business, professional, governmental
And will have:
- commitment to heritage, the community and Wiltshire
- a pragmatic approach to decision making with the flexibility to react effectively to changingcircumstances.
- excellent communication skills, and to be able to represent the Society and Wiltshire Museum effectively in the public arena.
In addition to the above each Trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board make sound decisions and in particular take a pro-active interest in their particular areas of expertise.
The priorities for this year’s recruitment are:
- Marketing and audience development
- Project development
- Assisting with fundraising
What impact the opportunity will have
We are seeking to develop our marketing as we develop and launch a new website alongside our social media campaigns.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
We are looking at the possibility of a major development, inccluding moving to a new building. We need help to market our existing offer and to being to engage new audiences in our exciting plans.
Mostly outside office hours
Our Trustees usually meet 5 times a year and there is an average time commitment of 10 to 15 hours a month, mainly involving emails and documents.