Organisation: Cancer Research UK
|Location||Islington, London (Central), EC1Y 4SD|
|Where the role is based||Mainly at the office|
|Travel limit||Agreed travel expenses reimbursed.|
|Application deadline||05 Nov 2017|
|Opportunity type||Short term project|
Join Bobby Moore Fund’s (BMF) flagship Sports Quiz event on 9th November 2017 and be part of this lively and entertaining evening that prides itself on being the fiercest competition in the capital.
Now the largest interactive sports quiz in the UK, it is hosted by BMF patrons including Steve Cram, Ore Oduba, Jeff Stelling, Hayley McQueen and Dan Walker and attended by many more surprise celebrity guests who join the 40 teams to tackle the quiz. Alongside six rounds of interactive quiz questions, our guests enjoy a Champagne reception, auctions and fundraising games.
Why we need you:
We would love to document this exceptional annual event. The images taken from this event will be used for promotional purposes – on our website and on social media platforms. Some of them will also be shared with our high value stakeholders.
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials. You will work with another photographer on the evening. Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, celebrities, speakers and reaction shots, posed group shots, and auction and fundraising games.
Skills needed include:
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you as well as working with another photographer to divide responsibilities
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What impact the opportunity will have
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people – CRUK staff, high value supporters, sports celebrities
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK and the Bobby Moore Fund
- Travel expenses
- Unique insight into a high-value flagship event
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to it to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
- We would be happy to cover your travel expenses, and will offer you food on the day.
Mostly outside office hours
Thursday 9th November at The Brewery, EC1Y 4SD, 5:30pm to 11pm. We will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days).