Action West London helps disadvantaged people –unemployed, people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, young people not in education, training, or employment (NEETs), young offenders, adult offenders, lone parents, older people, people with mental health difficulties, refugees, digitally excluded, and people living in poverty.
Action West London’s Vision is 'That people in West London will have opportunities to improve their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise'.
Action West London’s Mission is ‘to provide opportunities for people to change their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise’
Action West London ---'Changing lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise'.
- Action West London achieves it’s Mission through a wide range of education, training, employment, self -employment and social enterprise projects.
- Support is provided for those people facing the most barriers to education, training and employment.
- Action West London also promotes social enterprise and self-employment through stalls at Acton Street Market and social enterprise advice. .
- Action Acton works in partnership with other charities, social enterprises, local authorities, public sector bodies and private sector companies
- Awards and Quality Marks include Matrix, Greenmark and Social Enterprise Mark.
Action West London values its volunteers and is keen to recruit volunteers who want to make a difference by helping achieve our objectives to help disadvantaged young people and adults.
- Employment projects----Helping unemployed Ealing residents find sustainable employment, through 1-2-1 job search appointments, workshops and interviews. - PLUS ‘in-work support’ for employers and individuals
- City Bridge Trust Ealing Youth offer --- helping young people aged 16-24 years who are not in education, training or employment (NEET) to get work experience , apprenticeships, training and employment and (through Ealing Volunteer Centre) volunteer opportunities.
ØCity Bridge Trust Hounslow Youth offer--- Helping to develop a Youth Employment Consortium with Cultivate London, Green Corridors, SPARK and Action for Disability
- Big Lottery Youth Transition Network project-- Helping young offenders leaving custody or young people leaving care to settle into the community. We provide employment, training and education support and community support across West London.
- Trust for London/City Bridge Trust ‘Move on Up’ --employment project for young black men aged 16-25 years.
- Acton Street Market project --Self employment/social enterprise opportunities for people with no market trading experience and opportunities for experienced Market traders .Stalls are also available for charities, social enterprises and young people. Acton Market aims to help regenerate Acton Town centre, promote community cohesion and create jobs
- Basic IT and internet courses - To introduce people with basic or no IT skills to computers and the internet through UK on-line courses. Help in using the internet to find employment, education and training.
- Big Lottery ESOL and community integration support – ESOL and IT support to help integration and employment .. The project provides ESOL classes , Information, Advice and Guidance and Personal Development plans, IT support and free E-learning.
- Black, asian and minority ethnic groups
- Children / families
- Community safety / victim support / domestic violence
- Counselling / advice
- Criminal justice
- Financial inclusion
- Local / community
- Mental health
- Museums / heritage
- Older people / later life
- Poverty relief
- Refugees / migrants
- Training / employment support
- Voluntary sector support
- Young people
London (West), W3 8SB
Action West London is a well established charity. Our Mission is 'changing lives through Employment, Education and Enterprise’. We need an experienced Fundraiser to lead a sub-group to secure funds from Trusts, community and businesses. Read more
Time commitment: Maximum two days a week, we would require a minimum 3 month commitment but see this as an on-going role.Read more Ask a questionApply
London (West), W3 8SB
Short term project
New, pilot 'Recruitment agency' . We need someone with expertise in working in a Recruitment agency to help staff develop the project. .Action West London's Mission is 'Changing lives through Employment, Education and Enterprise' . Read more
Time commitment: A minimum commitment of 3 hours+ per week for a minimum of 3 months 9.30am -5 pm -Monday-Friday -Flexible about 'in/out office' timeRead more Ask a questionApply