- The Charity for Civil Servants supports civil servants, past and present, and their financial dependants.
- Our objective is to support all civil servants, throughout their lives, with whatever problems they may have.
- Our vision is of a lifelong community of people offering effective support for each other when life takes a turn for the worse.
The Charity offers services and advice to help with things that we all face from time-to-time, for example: relationship difficulties, caring responsibilities, stress, anxiety and depression. Additionally, the Charity may be able to offer financial help to those experiencing financial difficulties because of an unexpected need, or if circumstances are particularly difficult to manage.
Last year we received a new enquiry for help every 8 minutes. With the support of donors, fundraisers and volunteers, we’ve made a huge difference to the lives of thousands of current, former and retired civil servants. We’re immensely proud to be part of a lifelong community of people who really care about their colleagues.
- Community safety / victim support / domestic violence
- Counselling / advice
- Health and well being / research and care
- Housing and homelessness
- Learning disabilities / difficulties
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
- Poverty relief
- Training / employment support
London (Central), SM3 8DY
The Charity for Civil Servants is seeking a trustee who could take over as Treasurer when the incumbent steps down in 2018 or 2019. Read more
Time commitment: The time commitment is approximately as follows: • Board Meetings - 2 ½ days (5 half days) • Committee Meetings – 4 ½ days (9 2 hour meetings)Read more Ask a questionApplyBookmark