1. To promote and share know-how regarding nature conservation and environmentally sustainable livelihoods in the tropics and the UK.
2. To promote the humane treatment and handling of animals both wild and domesticated.
- Education and training that benefit local people, communities, and grassroots organisations; and supporting green business initiatives in the tropics and the UK (those that have economic social and environmental sustainability at their heart).
- Assisting in the promotion and marketing of environmentally sustainable products and services, and know-how, that benefits local families and communities in the tropics.
- Assisting local families and communities in the tropics, including their associations and businesses, in the development of existing and new forms of income and trade that directly or indirectly promote or improve nature conservation and sustainability in their areas.
- Assisting local schools communities in the UK in the setting up of environmental conservation projects.
- Leading and supporting research into factors associated with habitat protection, nature conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Sharing relevant knowledge, including the results of research, through education and training programmes.
- Working with local governments, both in the tropics and in the UK, to help promote and initiate nature conservation and environmental sustainability incentives; using research so that decisions can be made regarding.
- Engaging with the global community regarding nature conservation and sustainability through multiple media channels, experiential learning opportunities (such as volunteer programmes) and work with UK based schools and communities in order to contribute to changing perceptions, values, and attitudes.
- Providing know-how and technical advice about these themes to all interested parties.
- Supporting and informing the correct and humane methods to treat wild and domesticated animals used by local families and communities.
- Raising public awareness relating to animal welfare matters and the prevention of cruelty and suffering of animals both wild and domestic.
- Providing technical advice to governments and others on animal welfare matters.
- Animals / wildlife
- Counselling / advice
- Local / community
We are looking for a driven Social Media Marketing Officer to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users. Read more
Time commitment: Maximum of 6 hours spread over a week. Board meetings are every 3 weeks over skype and last about 2 hours.Read more Ask a questionApply
We are looking for project managers to help build and shape our new conservation charity. All of our positions are UK based, but project managers may decide to set up a project that means visiting abroad to assess progress. Read more
Time commitment: A maximum of two working days a week. Board meetings are every 3 weeks over skype and last about 2 hours.Read more Ask a questionApply
The main categories of fundraising are: - Corporate fundraising - Trust and statutory fundraising - Community fundraising - Major donor fundraising - Legacy fundraising Read more
Time commitment: Maximum of 2 working days a week. Board meetings are every 3 weeks via skype.Read more Ask a questionApply